Ausmar Homes Case Study | Residential Steel Frames
“Frames made from TRUECORE® steel are helping to enhance Ausmar Homes’ reputation as a homebuilder with fantastic build quality”.
Josh Green, General Manager, Ausmar Homes
Established in 1993, Ausmar Homes is an award-winning Sunshine Coast builder that services the South East Queensland region. With a strong emphasis on service and client satisfaction, Ausmar Homes currently builds 200+ homes annually and also offers commercial construction services, specialising in medium density residential projects, lifestyle villages and retail and office buildings.
Ausmar Homes first built with frames made from TRUECORE® steel in one of their retirement village projects and have since moved to make this a standard inclusion on all of their residential homes.
Ausmar Homes’ General Manager, Josh Green cites that Ausmar Homes has experienced:
- Increased speed of construction due to the lightweight nature of the frames.
- A reduction in on-site waste due to prefabrication of the frames off-site.
- Frames made from TRUECORE® steel are strong, straight and dimensionally accurate.
- TRUECORE® steel is 100% termite proof – there have been issues with termites in the South East Queensland region, so this is a front of mind issue for many of Ausmar’s customers.
- Homeowners value the fact that TRUECORE® steel is backed by a BlueScope warranty for up to 50 years for eligible applicants1.
In 2017, after experiencing positive results using frames made from TRUECORE® steel in their commercial projects, Ausmar Homes made the decision to offer frames made from TRUECORE® steel as a standard inclusion with all of their residential homes. “We saw it as a point of difference and the benefits for homeowners were obvious” says Josh Green. According to Mr Green, building with frames made from TRUECORE® steel further enhances Ausmar Homes’ reputation as a homebuilder with a fantastic build quality. “In fact, we’re now finding it can help us close the sale once we explain the benefits of a lightweight steel frame” he said.
And since they are one of the first builders in the Sunshine Coast region to build with lightweight steel frames, Ausmar Homes has been working closely with their trades to help them upskill. “We’re one of the first builders around here to do this, so training and getting the trades skilled is important to us. Our trades are already seeing that it’s easier to move product around the site and that lightweight really does have benefits for trades on the tools,” said Mr Green. He continued, “Over time they’re getting quicker as they become more comfortable and familiar with the product.”
Mr Green is confident that as the trades become more experienced, Ausmar Homes will reap the benefits of faster build times. “The precision, strength and straightness of the frames is fantastic. We’re really pleased to be on the front foot as we think that lightweight steel framing made from TRUECORE® steel is definitely the future,” Mr Green reflected.
- Josh Green, General Manager, Ausmar Homes
- Location: South East Queensland
- Principal Steel Products: TRUECORE® steel
- Builder: Ausmar Homes
If you’re interested in finding out more about Ausmar Homes and their display locations you can visit their website.
To download a brochure of this case study, please click here.
1. Warranty currently offered for residential applications only and is subject to application and eligibility criteria. Commercial warranties may be available on application. For full terms and conditions and to determine the eligibility of your building for a warranty, visit warranties.bluescopesteel.com.au or call BlueScope on 1800 738 576. Warranties provided by BlueScope do not affect consumer rights under the Australian Consumer Law. The content of this case study is based on statements made by the sources listed above and is a reflection of their views and experience. Same/similar results are not guaranteed for each user and outcomes may vary across projects.