Discovering the benefits of using framing made from TRUECORE® steel
Inspired Homes is a family owned and operated home builder located in the northern suburbs of Perth. Founded by husband and wife team, Vas and Danielle Spaseski, they opened for business in 2008 and have already won multiple HIA and MBA Awards. Mr Spaseski was a well-known town planner and Mrs Spaseski has a background in office administration and accounts. They founded the company aiming to be a home builder that delivers what the customer wants first and foremost.“The basis of the business is, if I was a client or customer what would I want?” explained Mrs Spaseski.
WA has traditionally mainly had a double-brick construction industry which is how Inspired Homes first built their projects, but they realised several years ago that there are alternative options to explore. “We were looking for an option that could offer us flexibility in design and more efficient build times” said Mrs Spaseski. In 2018 they completed their first two builds for Mirvac Residential simultaneously, using framing made from TRUECORE® steel.
They were approached by the developers with an urgent request for two new sales offices – one for their Madox Estate in Piara Waters and one for their Iluma Estate in Bennett Springs. The plan was to build a single-storey and a double-storey home that could be used now as a sales office and later on sold as houses once the development is finished. “We built the single-storey in 12 weeks, and the double-storey in 16 weeks – start to finish” said Mrs Spaseski.
- Danielle Spaseski: Operations Manager, Inspired Homes (DS)
- To build two new sales offices for Mirvac Residential on a very compressed timeframe.
- Each home also needed to easily convert into a 4-bedroom home once the development was complete.
Key Benefits Delivered (DS):
- The single storey building was completed in 12 weeks. The double-storey was finished in 16 weeks. Based on Inspired Homes calculations, this reduced their estimated projected build time for each of these projects by at least half when compared to a double-brick construction option they considered.
- Site efficiencies:
- By using framing made from TRUECORE® steel, there was a significant reduction of on site waste when compared to their previous double-brick builds.
- The shorter build times resulted in reduced vehicle traffic, associated carbon emissions and noise implications, along with less community disruption.
- A reduction in site hire of scaffold and utilities cost was an added benefit to the bottom line due to the speed and efficiency of construction by using framing made from TRUECORE® steel.
- The framing made from TRUECORE® steel allowed for great flexibility to make changes to the design of each building, and the ability for each to be retrofitted into a 4-bedroom home once the developments are complete.
- Backed by BlueScope:
- Support provided by BlueScope has helped Inspired Homes and their trades to successfully implement a construction method that was new and innovative to the business.
Mirvac Residential was thrilled that Inspired Homes was able to meet their tight timeline for the build – “they were over the moon” says Mrs Spaseski, and equally thrilled that they would be able to sell this off as a home at the end of the display period. Following the completion of each build Inspired Homes was excited to talk about this success with their other clients. “Once we completed a 16-week building program for a two-storey home, we couldn’t wait to share the results” said Mrs Spaseski.
Since the Mirvac projects, Inspired Homes has completed more than 20 homes using framing made from TRUECORE® steel. Working with WA-based fabricator, Combined Metal Industries who manufacture and installed their frames, Inspired Homes also appreciates the ongoing support of using a product backed by BlueScope. “They offer great support for the trades on how to install the product and the procedures. And a company that’s being supportive and offering assistance to trades really helps us” said Mrs Spaseski.
Inspired Homes is also celebrating some recent successes for their “The Malbec” display home. This build won the 2019 HIA Australian Project Home of the Year and the team could not have been more excited with the win. Adding to this success, they also took out the 2019 HIA WA Excellence in Service for Medium Builders for the third year in row.
- Project: Mirvac Residential’s Madox Sales Office and Iluma Sales Office
- Location: Piara Waters and Bennett Springs, WA
- Developer: Mirvac Residential
- Principal Steel Products: TRUECORE® steel
- Builder and Designer: Inspired Homes
- Steel Fabricator: Combined Metal Industries
The content of this case study is based on statements made by the source/s listed above and is a reflection of their views and experience. Same/similar results are not guaranteed for each user and outcomes may vary across projects.