Delivering modular homes in WA and NT
TR Homes is a WA based modular homes builder. Celebrating 48 years in business, they are a ‘one stop shop’ when it comes to modular homes. Not only do they design their houses and framing systems, they also fabricate the framing made from TRUECORE® steel in-house, build each home in one of their manufacturing yards, and finally, deliver the homes throughout regional WA and NT.
The majority of TR Homes customers are located in regional areas of WA and NT, and often finished homes are transported on average 400-500 kilometres away from where they are constructed. Another segment of TR Homes’ business is granny flats that are designed to fit behind a primary residence, in both metro and regional areas.
Since TR Homes started fabricating their frames using TRUECORE® steel they have not looked back. Group Sales and Business Development Manager, Nathan Hollis, says “We know that TRUECORE® steel can be relied upon from a performance point of view, a trade point of view and a structural point of view”.
TR Homes has been in business since 1972, and when considering their success, Mr Hollis says “It’s based on TR Homes’ reputation to deliver new homes to people that might not necessarily have the best options available to them, due to the remoteness of their location.”
Key Benefits Delivered:
- Reliable supply, local support:
- To ensure that they can meet the timelines they set with their clients, TR Homes relies heavily on the steady, reliable product supply from BlueScope.
- They also value the regular communication and support received from their BlueScope representative.
- Preferred material with trades:
- The majority of the carpenters that TR Homes employs were originally timber carpenters. Now they are 100% working with steel and “haven’t looked back”, says Mr Hollis.
- Straight and true:
- TR Homes frames made from TRUECORE® steel are precision fabricated which makes them straight and true and reliable to construct with.
- Impressive strength to weight ratio:
- Frames made from TRUECORE® steel are lightweight and deliver consistent and guaranteed strength. This is especially important to TR Homes as not only do they need to prioritise the reliability of their framing once erected, they also need to ensure that whatever materials are used can hold up on a 400-500 kilometre journey to its final destination.
- Since framing made from TRUECORE® steel is a prefabricated product it is assembled in a production-line-like manner which can lead to greater efficiencies with installation.
- With frames made from TRUECORE® steel there is no waste on site from cutting frames, and the steel in TRUECORE® steel is 100% recyclable.
- Nathan Hollis, Group Sales and Business Development Manager, TR Homes
TR Homes is a leader in the modular homes industry in WA and NT and has won a total of 21 HIA Awards! In 2018 they won the WA State level ‘Transportable / Kit Home of the Year’ for their Hamelin Bay display home. In addition to framing made from TRUECORE® steel, this stunning design also features COLORBOND® steel Matt roofing and cladding and has been a firm favourite since its release.
TR Homes is also focussed on delivering fantastic customer service and has won five HIA awards for ‘Excellence in Service’. Mr Hollis, says: “By using framing made from TRUECORE® steel the Client ends up with a better-quality product in a timelier fashion.”
- Location: WA and NT
- Principal Steel Products: TRUECORE® steel and COLORBOND® steel
- Builder: TR Homes
- Steel Fabricator: TR Homes / Murray River North Group
- Photographer: Joel Barbitta
If you’re interested in finding out more about TR Homes and viewing their range of modular homes and granny flats, you can visit their website.
To download a brochure of this case study, please click here.
Disclaimer – The content of this case study is based on statements made by the sources listed above and is a reflection of their views and experience. Same/similar results are not guaranteed for each user and outcomes may vary across projects.