Promoting Steel Framing in WA
Smartsteel Frames is not just focussed on product expansion within the steel framing market, but they are also running a program with broader audiences to help promote steel framing as a preferred building material and system.
WA based Smartsteel Frames has been in the steel manufacturing business for many years. The company is founded on the principle of “do it right the first time” and they are particularly proud of feedback about how stress free, simple and accurate the framing, delivery and installation process can be for their customers. Client Relations and Sales Executive, Georgette Nicoski, says “We are keenly aware that time and economic factors are extremely important to our clients and we give them the due diligence they deserve to help bring time and cost savings to their projects.”
Smartsteel Frames combines their industry experience with a culture of attention to detail in their efforts to ensure their clients receive a quality product the first time, something that TRUECORE® steel helps them to achieve. Says Ms. Nicoski, “TRUECORE® steel is dimensionally accurate and has allowed Smartsteel Frames to design a simple, fast and reliable framing system that requires little or no on-site rectifications”. She continues, “And cost savings is where our clients really reap the benefits - the ability to speed up construction time with prefabrication can make a world of difference, not to mention the speed in which follow on trades can be brought in.”
This sentiment is echoed by Dean Pasene of KYDE Quality Builders, who has been working with Smartsteel Frames for several years. He explained that the key difference when using steel stud framing versus traditional timber framing or brickwork is that, “It stays true and straight and requires very little, if any, adjustment at all upon completion to attain straight, plumb and level lines”.
- Georgette Nicoski, Client Relations and Sales Executive, Smartsteel Frames (GN)
- Dean Pasene, KQB Consultant, KYDE Quality Builders (DP)
Key Benefits Delivered:
- TRUECORE® steel is dimensionally accurate which allows Smartsteel Frames to design a simple, fast and reliable framing system that requires little or no on-site rectifications. (DP)
- Cost savings:
- The prefabricated steel frames made from TRUECORE® steel are lightweight which can negate hours of additional labour versus traditional timber framing/brickwork. (DP)
- Due to the frames’ lightweight nature, engineering costs can also be reduced for applications such as second-storey renovations, as less structural steel or fewer cavity columns are required (DP)
- Reduced build times:
- Prefabrication of the frames has sped up the timeline for follow-on trades to be brought in. (GN)
Mr Pasene noted that, “The relationship that Smartsteel Frames has fostered with BlueScope in utilising TRUECORE® steel has proven to be an invaluable tool in keeping us up to date with developments and trends within the steel stud install industry.”
Ms Nicoski went on to advise that, in the future, Smartsteel Frames is not just focussed on product expansion within the steel framing market, but they are also running a program with broader audiences to help promote steel framing as a preferred building material and system. The program targets architects, engineers, builders and other follow-on trades, and provides events, tools and information to support these groups in the transition to building with steel. Says Ms Nicoski, “Our vision is to provide a complete system and service from the start to finish of every project, and to everyone involved in the process.”
- Location: Western Australia
- Principal Steel Products: TRUECORE® steel
- Builder: KYDE Quality Builders
- Steel Fabricator: Smartsteel Frames
To learn more about Smartsteel Frames, and services offered please visit their website.
To download a brochure of this case study, please click here.
The content of this case study is based on statements made by the sources listed above and is a reflection of their views and experience. Same/similar results are not guaranteed for each user and outcomes may vary across projects.